With temperatures in Atlanta in the 80’s and 90’s this summer, here are some of our tips to keep your AC running smoothly and keeping you cool. If your AC unit does need maintenance or replacement, we are always here to recommend our trusted vendors to help you out. And in this heat, you will want that taken care of ASAP!
l) Have a professional check your system periodically.
2) Keep an eye on the refrigerant level.
3) Oil the blower motor and fan on both the condensing and the evaporation units annually.
4) Keep the condensing-unit pan free of bugs, leaves and dirt.
5) Check the tension on the condensing and evaporation unit blower fan belts each spring.
6) Inspect the blower ducts and joints for leaks and insulation slippage annually.
7) Clean or replace air filters in central units (quarterly).
8) Keep the blower motor fan blade free of mold and mildew.
9) Set your a/c fan speed on high except in when it’s humid.
10) Use a whole-house attic fan.
11) Don’t crank your thermostat as low as it can go when you turn on your air conditioner.
12) Set the thermostat high as comfortably possible in summer.
13) Don’t put electronic equipment near the thermostat. It senses heat, which causes the a/c to run too long.